1. In Caesarea there was a man who was a centurion, whose name was Cornelius, from the officer's Corp that is called the Italicans.
2. And he was righteous and feared Allaha, himself and his entire household. And he performed many righteous deeds among the people, and he always prayed to Allaha.
3. He saw the angel of Allaha in a vision openly, approximately at ninth hour in daytime, who came in and said to him, "Cornelius."
4. And he looked at him in fear and said, "What, Maran?" And the angel told him, "Your prayers and acts of righteousness have risen as Offering before Allaha.
5. "And now, send men to the town of Joppa, and bring up Simon who is called Keepa [Peter.]
6. "Behold, he stays in the house of Simon the tanner, who is by the seashore."
7. And when the angel that spoke to him went away, he called two members of his house, and one orderly who feared Allaha and obeyed him.*
8. And he informed them of everything he had seen and sent them to Joppa.
9. And on the following day, as they left on their way and neared the town, Simon went up to the roof to pray in the sixth hour.
10. And he became hungry and wished to eat. And while he thought* of what to eat, a wonder came over him.
11. And he saw the heaven open and a tray tied by four corners and it resembled a great [table] cloth and was lowered from heaven to the earth.
12. And there was in it all the four legged animals and creatures of the earth and birds of the sky.
13. And the voice came that said, "Simon, rise, slaughter and eat."
14. And Simon said, "Perish the thought, Maran, I have never eaten anything that defiles and is unclean."
15. And again a second time the voice sounded to him,* "Those which Allaha has cleansed, you will not be defiled by."
16. This occurred three times, and the tray was lifted up to heaven.
17. And as Simon wondered to himself about what was this vision that he saw, the men who were sent by Cornelius arrived and they asked about the house were Simon stayed. And they came and stood at the door of the courtyard,
18. And they called out from there and asked if Simon who is called Keepa [Peter] is staying there?
19. And as Simon contemplated the vision, the Spirit told him, "Behold, three men are looking for you.
20. "Get up and go down with them,* before your contemplation turns negative*, because it is I who sent them."
21. Then Simon went down to the men and told them, "It is I whom you seek. What is the reason for which you have come?"
22. They told him, "A man whose name is Cornelius, a centurion who is righteous and fears Allaha and who is respected by all the Jewish people,* was told in a vision by a holy angel, to send [for you] and bring you into his house and hear your manifestation."
23. And Simon let them in and received them where he stayed. And he got up the next day and went out with them, and there went with him some of his brothers from Joppa.*
24. And on the following day they entered Caesarea. And Cornelius put them up, as there gathered to him all his kinfolk, and also the beloved friends that he had.
25. And as Simon entered, Cornelius saw him, and he fell and worshipped his feet.
26. And Simon raised him and said to him, "Get up, I am a human being too."*
27. And as he spoke with him, he entered and found out that many had come there,
28. And he told them, "You do know,* that it is not allowed for a Jewish man to go out with strangers* who are not of his generation. And Allaha showed me that He did not regard any human being unclean or defiled.
29. "Because of this I was destined to come when you sent for me.* Therefore, I ask you, for what did you send after me?"
30. Cornelius said to him, "It has been four days until now since I had been fasting, and in the sixth hour, as I prayed in my house, a man stood before me while dressed in white,
31. "And he said to me, 'Cornelius, your prayers have been heard, and your acts of righteousness are Offerings before Allaha.
32. " 'However, send to the town of Joppa, and bring Simon who is called Keepa [Peter.] Behold, he is staying in the house of Simon the tanner, who lives by the seashore, and he shall come and speak with you.'
33. "And in that very hour,* I sent for you, and you did well* to come. And, behold, we are all before you,* and wish to hear whatever you command us from Allaha."
34. Simon opened his mouth and said, "Truthfully, I know for certain, Allaha is not the Allaha of hypocrites.*
35. "Except, among all nations who fear him and perform righteous deeds, He consents* to be with them.
36. "For the Manifestation was the inheritance of the children of Israel, and they were offered peace and tranquility by Eashoa Msheekha, who is Maryah of everything,
37. "And you too know of the Manifestation that was in all of Judea, that emerged out of Galilee after the baptism preached by John,
38. "Regarding Eashoa from Nazareth, whom Allaha anointed by the holy Spirit and Power, and he preached and healed those who were wracked by the devil,* because Allaha was within him,
39. "And we are his witnesses regarding everything he did in all the land of Judea and Jerusalem, to him, to this one that the Jews hanged on the cross* and killed.
40. "And it was he whom Allaha raised on the third day, and was deemed to be seen quite openly.
41. "However, not to all people, except to us, who were chosen by Allaha to be His witnesses, who ate with him and drank with him after his rising from the grave*.
42. "And he commanded us to preach and witness to the people, that he is chosen from Allaha to be the judge of the dead and the living.
43. "And over him witness all the Prophets, that whoever believes in His name, shall receive the forgiveness of sins."
44. And as Simon spoke these words, the Holy Spirit descended over all of them so that they could hear* the Manifestation.
45. And the circumcised brothers who had come with him wondered and were amazed, that even over the nations the gift of the Holy Spirit would be poured out.
46. For they heard them as they spoke in every tongue,* and glorifying* Allaha. And Simon said,
47. "Who can refuse us the water with which to baptize those who, behold, have received the Holy Spirit like us?"*
48. Then he invited* them to be baptized in the name of Maran Eashoa Msheekha. And they begged him to stay with them in those days.
Acts 11 || index page
*10: 7 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Who listened to him."
*10:10 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "As these gained on him."
*10:15 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Again two seasons."
*10:20.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Rise, go down, go."
*10:20.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Divides."
*10:22 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Testifies to him."
*10:23 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And went with him human [being] human [being] from the brothers of the Joppa."
*10:26 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Rise you, and I too a human being I am."
*10:28.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "You know, you."
*10:28.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Foreign humans."
*10:29 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Sent after me."
*10:33.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "In his hour."
*10:33.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Beautiful."
*10:33.3 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression retained: "We are at your service."
*10:34 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Is not hypocritical," or: "Does not differentiate on face value."
*10:35 Lit. Ar. id.: "Accepts."
*10:38Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression retained: "Possessed by evil."
*10:39 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Wood."
*10:41 Lit. Ar. id.: "House of dead."
*10:44 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech retained: "Accept," or, "to receive Eashoa Msheekha."
*10:46.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Language language."
*10:46.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "[Holding Him] great."
*10:47 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "That wherefore waters can human [being] stand that not be baptized those behold received the holy Spirit like from us?"
*10:48 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Commanded."