Peter's Second Letter
2 Peter 1
1. Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Eashoa Msheekha, to those who were justified by faith with us, became our equals through the righteousness of our Maryah and Savior Eashoa Msheekha, 2. May Grace and Peace proliferate among you, by the declaration of Eashoa Msheekha.
3. So as of all these [gifts] that are from Devine Power, He gave us with respect to eternal life and the submission to Allaha, for the purpose of that declaration that He called us, through His glory and generosity, 4. That by these means,* He would bless* you with congratulations, greatness and honor, so as through them you may be partakers of the Divine essence as you alight from the throes of worldly desires. 5. And, then, as you bear all these gifts,* add virtue to your faith and knowledge to your virtue, 6. And, then, add endurance to your knowledge and hope to your endurance, and, finally, add submission of Allaha to your hope.
7. However, as you add submission to Allaha, you will be merciful to your brothers and sisters, and then such mercy entails love. 8. For while these [gifts] have been found among you and they increased, it was neither in vain, nor without giving fruit with respect to the declaration of Maran Eashoa Msheekha. 9. For whoever is not found with these [gifts] is the blind who cannot see and are still searching for the cleansing of their original sins. 10. And over this do your level best through good deeds, as your calling and election are affirmed through your actions, for as you do these things, you will not offend anyone.* 11. For thus you will be increasingly given the entrance to the eternal Kingdom of our Maryah and Savior Eashoa Msheekha.
12. And over this I do not have to swear, except for reminding you of the absolute certainty of it, as you know very well and you hold steadfastly to this truth. 13. It was, then, righteousness that was preached to me, that as long as I am in this body, I will make you cognizant of this memorial, 14. Whereas I know that the season of my body is transitory, just as Maran Eashoa Msheekha made me aware. 15. Do your utmost, then, that even after my departure you should steadfastly maintain this memorial.
16. For it is not that we followed artfully constructed parables that we declared to you the Power and Resurrection* of Maran Eashoa Msheekha, except it was that we were witnesses of His magnificence. 17. For when He received from Allaha the Father honor and glory, as the voice came down to him as such, after the glorification, passing through to Supremacy, [through the utterance,] “This is my beloved Son by Whom I am fulfilled.” 18. We also listened to Him, to this very voice that came to us from heaven when we came with Him to the holy mountain. 19. And we have also the manifestation of prophecy as confirmation, that which you did well to gaze upon as the lamp that lights a dark region until the day dawns and the sun shines in your hearts. 20. While you know this beforehand, that no prophecy is ever fulfilled as soon as it is written. 21. For it was not by the will of the human being that prophecy ever came, except the holy saints of Allaha spoke when they were redeemed by the Holy Spirit.*
Footnotes: *1:4. 1 Literal expression: “By their hands.” -- *1:4. 2 Figure of speech: “Give.” -- *1:5 Literal expression: “Enter under the weight of all these [gifts.]” -- *1:10 Literal expression: “You will not outrage.” -- *1:16 Literal expression: “His Power and Comingness.” His power to come in human form, to resurrect and to return. -- *1:21 Reference is to the Messiah's Holy Spirit.
2 Peter 2