Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians
2 Corinthians 1
1. Paul, the apostle of Eashoa Msheekha, according to the will of Allaha, and brother Timothy, to the church of Allaha that is in Corinth, and to all the saints that are in all Achaia. 2. Grace be with you and peace from Allaha our Father and Maran Eashoa Msheekha.
3. Blessed is the Allaha, Father of Maran Eashoa Msheekha, Father of Mercy and the Allaha of all Benefaction, 4. Whose heart [goes out] to us through all tribulation, that we may also be able to [feel for] those who are going through tribulation, [to feel] that same love with which we are loved by Allaha. 5. For whereas the sorrows of the Messiah increase in us, likewise through the Messiah increases also our love. 6. Even though we are under tribulation then, it is on behalf of His love, and we are going through tribulation for the sake of your life eternal. And if He loves us, it is because of you that we are loved, so you will strive to anticipate His sorrows, those over which we also sorrow.
7. And our hope for you is sincere. For we know if we share in His sorrow, you will also share in his love. 8. We wanted you to know, brethren, about the tribulation we encountered in Asia. It was truly great tribulation, more than our strength could bear, we almost lost our life. 9. And we commended our souls to die, so as not to be dependent on ourselves, except on the Allaha who raises the dead. 10. He that delivered us from violent death? And again we preach the hope of His deliverance, 11. Through the aid of your prayers on our behalf, so that His gifts for us may be transformed into grace on behalf of many, and that many more should declare him on our behalf.
12. For this is our pride, that we have brought back the testimony of our faith* to the universe, by the genuineness, purity and grace of Allaha, and not through the wisdom of our body, and moreover [with respect to you.] 13. I am not writing you of other matters, except those that you know about and also declare yourselves. I imagine, however, that you will declare them to the very end. 14. Whereas you have also declared more or less, that we are your pride, as you are ours on the Day of Maran Eashoa Msheekha.
15. And through this recommendation I wished to come to you, so that you may receive grace many fold. 16. I will pass on from you to Macedonia, and again I shall come to you from Macedonia and you will escort me to Judea. 17. This that I have thus planned,* why, did I do this so as to vacillate? Or, why, did I plan these things according to the flesh? Because it is our duty to have our yes be yes and our no be no. 18. Faithful is that Allaha whose Manifestation to you is not our yes and no. 19. For the Son of Allaha is Eashoa Msheekha, who preaches to you by our hand,* through me and Silvanus and Timothy; there is no yes and no with him, except there is just yes* in him. 20. For all the kingdoms of Allaha are in him, He whose affirmation* is the Messiah. Because of this, by His hand we are given Amen to Allaha's glory. 21. He is Allaha then that has sent us among you through the Messiah. He who anointed us, 22. And perfected* us and gave us the prize of the Spirit in our hearts. 23. I, however, testify concerning Allaha on my own behalf,* it is because I did not wish to rebuke you that I did not come to Corinth. 24. It is not as if we are the masters of faith, except we are supporters of your joy. For it is through faith that you stand*.
Footnotes:: *1:12 Literal Aramaic (Aramaic) figure of speech: “Outlook.” -- *1:17 Figure of speech: “Perceived.” -- *1:19. 1 Aramaic expression retained: “Through us.” -- *1:19. 2 Figure of speech retained: “Only affirmation” or confirmation. -- *1:20 Figure of speech: “Yes.” -- *1:22 Figure of speech: “Sealed.” -- *1:23 Literal expression: “Testify over my soul.” -- *1:24 Aramaic retained: “Live.”
2 Corinthians 2