The First Letter of John
1. We have given you the hope for the One who Is from the beginning of creation, the One whom we heard and saw with our eyes, saw and felt with our hands, He who Is the manifestation of Life.
2. And Life became revealed, and we have seen and we are witnessing and we are preaching to you Life to the end of the universe*, that which was with the Father and who revealed it to us.
3. And since we saw and heard we also proclaim it to you so that you may have fellowship with us. However, our fellowship is with the Father and the Son Eashoa Msheekha.*
4. And these [things] that we write to you, are so that we may all rejoice in fellowship together.*
5. And this is the hope that we heard from him, and we give you the hope that Allaha* is that Light, and there is absolutely no darkness in him.
6. And if we say that we have fellowship with him and [yet] we walk in darkness, we are liars even though we have accepted the Truth.
7. But if we walk in the light, as he is the Light, we shall have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Eashoa,* his Son, shall cleanse us of all our sins.
8. And if we say that we have no sin, we have lost our soul and the Truth is not in us.
9. But if we confess our sins, [he is] Faithful and Holy, that he forgives us our sins, and we are cleansed of all abomination.
10. And if we say that we did not sin, we called him a liar, and his manifestation is not in us.
1.2* Lit. Ar. id.: "Everlasting."
1.3* Lit. Aramaic retained: "Jesus the Messiah."
1.4* Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Our joy in may be encompassing."
1.5* Lit. Aramaic retained: "God."
1.7* Lit. Aramaic retained: "Jesus."
Audio Files index | Video Files | Bible Index